- Corrections of punctuation and spelling, grammatical mistakes like sentence fragmentation and errors in subject-verb agreement.
Substantive Editing Including Rewriting
- All aspects of basic editing
- Correcting mismatch in tenses.
- Addressing parallelisms
- Eliminating use of sexist, racist, and other inappropriate language
- Identification of inappropriate figures of speech
- Changing passive voice to active voice where appropriate
- Ensuring a consistent style and tone
- Attention to the structure, organisation, and concepts, as well as ensuring an appropriate pace, and clear focus
- Eliminating wordiness, triteness, and inappropriate jargon
- Improving flow, positioning sentences to improve readability
- Rewriting all awkward sentences
- Evaluation of manuscripts.
- Detailed critique of manuscripts with suggestions for improvement in plot, characters as well as chapter-wise suggestions for improvements
- Editing of manuscripts
- Day-long English Language Workshops at the company’s site
- Group and Individual Training Sessions of varying duration, depending on the company’s needs.
- World Bank
- Plan India
- Genpact elearning
- Liqvid elearning
- Vikas Publishing
- Leadstart Publishing
- Writer’s Side
Mr. Oswald Pereira has been very punctual and diligent in editing for Plan India. It is pleasant working with him.
- C. P. Arun, Technical Advisor – Household Economic Security, Plan India Country Office